Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Decorating Our New Home: Patio/Outdoor Areas

Hello! Happy weekend! I did all of these posts about the new house last weekend so right now I am probably running around cleaning our old house! Currently I am sitting in my robe typing up this post...my how things can change in a week. Today I am going to talk about the area I am most excited about and probably have been dreaming about the most...The outside of the house! More specifically our patio area! There is a deck/patio area right off the back of the house. It will be awesome for entertaining and just for us to enjoy eating dinners out there! I have already purchased a patio umbrella for the area and we have patio chairs that were handed down to us. The table that matches the chairs was broken though so we have plans to buy or make something that works with our existing chairs. I also have plans to bring in color with pots, plants and some outdoor pillows and cushions. And maybe even some placemats and napkins!

Pinned Image
This is the umbrella I ordered. It is sitting happily in our living room still in the box. I want nothing more than to open it and check it out but that makes no sense. So it will remain in the box until we get to the new house.

Pinned Image

I love this fabric from fabric.com. There are some other coordinating prints I could use too for accents. Fabric is just so expensive I would really rather find an outdoor table cloth or something at a thrift store that I can use to make cushions. But I do love these colors and print.

Pinned Image
This will likely be our next purchase it is only $29 at walmart and it has great reviews! SOLD!

Pinned Image
If we make a table it will be this one from ana-white's plans.

Pinned Image
If we buy one it will likely be this one from overstock.com for $159.99. Which would be about the same cost as making the table above because we would have to buy some tools to make it. But if we make a table we would then have a table and new tools....We will see it will probably come down to if my husband has the time and energy to help me make it.

Pinned Image
I plan to make some of these adorable can lanterns. I have seen this project around for years and I still love it. (thecraftycrow)

Pinned Image
I love the pops of color with the lime and teal planters. (prudentbaby)

Pinned Image
Lights like these from Target would be a nice touch.

Pinned Image
Also cute diy lanterns. (yourcozyhome)

Pinned Image
Love this inexpensive window box project. I think this would be great on our front porch or under the kitchen window for herbs! Maybe both...?

Pinned Image
DIY Flower pots!

Beautiful Limes.
Fantastic container garden!

Pinned Image
Raised bed vegetable garden! Still have to ask the landlord about this one! These are from ana-white.

I love being outside in the spring and summer months. I have always loved gardening. I think I could buy everyplant at the greenhouse and love every single one of them. I can't wait until we are more settled and can actually buy a house so we can plant some of my favorite perrenials like lilacs, peonies, daffodils and tulips!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed all of my new home inpsiration posts! This is the last one so the next time I post about the house I should be posting some moving day and before pics for your veiwing pleasure! See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment