Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Decorating Our New Home: Kitchen Edition

Hi. I hope you are enjoying my inspiration board posts. Today I am going to be showing you my plans for our new kitchen. I believe this will be the smallest kitchen we have had so far. It isn't super tiny we have just had large kitchens in comparison to the houses we have lived in. So I will need to do some creative organizing to make it all work. We have a ton of kitchen stuff. I love to cook and I love all of my fun cooking gadgets. So this post will mostly be about my organizing goals/plans. I also plan to paint the kitchen because it is currently purple. Not a terrible color...it just won't work for us. I am still debating on the color I want to paint. I really like white cabinets although I have never actually lived in a house with white kitchen cabinets. I am finding it really hard to find a color that I feel works with orangy oak cabinets. I am also debating using the eat in part of the kitchen as an extending cooking area by adding a diy kitchen island piece. This will all depend if our table will work in the living room as a dining/living area. Anyway on to the pictures.

Pinned Image
Fantastic idea! Thanks martha.

Pinned Image
Love.

Pinned Image
Love this dresser turned kitchen island idea. I even really love the color. This beauty was made by the folks over at allylaughingatthedays.

Pinned Image
I plan to make some magnetic frames for our fridge to house my dry erase weekly dinner menu and cleaning list. These are made by vintageglamorous.

Pinned Image
I adore this kitchen. I love the neutral base with all of the red accents. I think I like this paint color too. I hope to achieve something close to as charming as this. This lovely kitchen was done by the couple at theletteredcottage.

Pinned Image

I bought this kithen conversions print a while back from the etsy shop sweetfineday. I have it framed and ready to hang in the new kitchen.

Pinned Image

And lastly I want to make some faux metal letters to go above the cabinets. I'm not sure yet if I want to spell EAT or YUM....What do you think? Project info at sugarandcharmblog.

I think thats everything? I also want to do some serious pantry organizing but those plans will have to wait until we get there and I get a better idea of what I am working with.

Thanks for stopping by. See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment