Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Slow Cooker: Simple Pork Roast

Hi there. Happy St.Pattys Day! Sorry I don't have a fancy St. Patricks Day themed dish for you. Maybe next year. I do however have a really easy recipe for you. It is another slow cooker recipe. I love slow cooker recipes but I tend to only use them in the cooler months. I prefer to grill during warmer weather. So I thought I would post this while it is still slightly cool outside. Here in Ohio that is. Anyway here is the recipe.



Slow Cooker: Pork Roast

Ingredients
-Pork Roast (3-5lbs avg. size)
-1 packet onion soup mix
-Enough water to almost cover roast (usually 2-3 cups)
-You will also need a crockpot/slow cooker

Directions
Rinse pork roast with cold water (I do this with almost all meat).
Place roast in crock pot. Add onion soup packet. Add enough water to almost cover the roast. Set slow cooker on low and cook for atleast 6-8 hours. I do not recommend cooking for much more than 8 hours. Feel free to add veggies if you like this recipe is very flexible.

*I always cook mine for atleast 8 hours. I just start it in the morning before I go to work so really it ends up cooking for about 9 hours.

Serve with whatever sides you like. We think mashed potatoes and green beans are especially yummy with it.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment