Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New House Progress!!

Hi! Sorry it has been so long! I am back to blogging now and my Etsy shop is open once again!!! Be sure to CHECK IT OUT!

  We are still getting settled in at the new house. We love it so far. I still have lots to do. However I have managed to unpack most of the rooms. The kitchen and the guest bathroom are the most organized so far. I have a gigantic list of things I want to do all over the house. Some of these things include painting thrifted furniture I recently purchased at a local thrift store. Getting my raised bed vegetable gardens started (I am planning to do 2 - 4'x6' beds). I also want to make curtains for just about every room in the house. And I have lots of photos and art work to hang still. Like I said still LOTS of work to do!!

This ottoman is my inspiration for the coffee table I bought. I am thinking I could paint the table white then add padding and staple a fun home decor fabric around it. Then add the nail heads to the corners. Or I could just paint it??? We will see.

 
Ottoman from West Elm. My ottoman inspiration!

And here is what I am working with.



I know it looks a little rough right now but it should make for a pretty stellar before and after! And yes the top is a chalkboard finish I love it and my husband hates it so it will not be staying. I imagine it was once in a classroom or playroom.

I also bought this side table that I love! I am going to paint it a nice glossy white and stick it in the living room. 

I think it will look really great. It has some wobbly parts but nothing a little wood glue can't fix!

I thought I would also show you some kitchen and guest bathroom progress. I don't have before pictures because the morning of our move was a little hectic and I totally forgot to snap the pictures. 

I plan to also hang some cute kitchen gadget on those hooks like my rolling pin and an apron but I haven't found all of those things yet. In due time. Also that shelf is tilting forward so it is going to get some brackets and then I will fill it with some cool vintage pitchers and mason jars I have. So it is a work in progress but I think it will be pretty cute. Also I want to get a nicer piece of furniture for this area. Something with more storage and work space.

This is our dining area of the kitchen. It is green right now and may stay green not sure yet. My husband really likes the green though so we will see. Sorry for the bad lighting this is a picture I sent to my mom and right now I have a lot to get done so I will not be snapping another picture. Thanks for understanding. This area will likely stay the same. There isn't a whole lot we can do because there is a big light hanging in the middle of the room that anyone over 5'5' will hit their head on if I move the table. We also hung the conversion chart I framed. You may remember it from my march pinterest challenge.

This guest bathroom is probably my favorite room right now. It seems to be the most finished. The shower curtain came from my sister. She had it in her house and is no longer using it so she brought it to me when she and mom were here this weekend. I like it and I think it will probably stay for at least a while. The artwork and the picture frame we already had. It still needs a few more things but overall I think it looks pretty good!




  This post is a bit random but its what I have to show so far. There will be lots more to come. Also sorry I missed the TGIF post on Friday. There will be one this week! Promise. 

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Looks nice so far, you are so crafty, I really need to get into that. It really helps save money when you do things yourself. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy- come on down!!

    Anon- thanks! It's a lot of fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete