Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Freezer Meals


 Hello. I really love freezer meals because it prevents us from eating junk food and it saves us money! I kept this months meals pretty simple because we just moved and time is a little tight right now. I have also made all of my recipes printable so you will find a printable version at the end of each recipe and also under the freezer meals tab at the top of my site. I hope you enjoy these recipes and as always you can leave me questions in the comment section and I will get back to ASAP.

April Freezer Meals

I started with a few staples from the last time I made freezer meals. I will probably continue to make these each month because we really like them and they are delicious!


And because bananas were on sale last week I also made and froze..

And now onto the new recipes....

Shredded Beef Filling

This will definitely be going on my freezer meal staples list. Last month my dear husband commented that all I ever make is chicken. Which sounds mean because atleast I cook for him right! But it is totally true so I wasn't offended. I also happen to love chicken so I really favor recipes with chicken. So this one is mostly for him. =) We love this recipe for barbeque beef sandwiches or beef tacos. Just thaw and add sauce or seasoning and enjoy!



Shredded Beef Filling

Ingredients
Large crockpot
1 box Swanson beef broth
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 pounds (or so) chuck roast or shoulder
2 T Parsley
2T Oregano
2T Basil
2T Minced Garlic
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper

1. Rinse beef with cold water and transfer to a ziploc bag or storage container.

2. Rub with olive oil. Then add all seasonings and rub in well. Feel free to add more herbs than what I listed. I don't think you can over season this.

3.Allow meat to marinade overnight. I like to do 24 hours.

4.Place meat in crockpot and and cover with beef broth. Now add water to almost cover meat. Usually 3-4 cups.

5. Set on low to cook all day. 10-12 hours. 

6. When meat is cooked remove from crockpot and shred. It should shred very easily at this point.

You can allow beef to cool, divide into ziploc bags and freeze at this point. Or set aside to use in other freezer meals.
 
Print Shredded Beef Filling Recipe!!

Beef Taquitos
Recipe from goodcheapeats.

I just added a can of green chilies and some chopped green onions to the shredded beef I made and filled and rolled corn tortillas. Then wrap and freeze. For more thorough instruction please visit the link above!

Basic Pizza Dough
Recipe from laurenslatest.

I found this recipe via pinterest...I just love pinterest! I attempted to make homemade pizza dough last week and it just wasn't quite right. It baked up okay but the flavor wasn't what I was hoping for so I began the search for a new recipe. I also learned you can freeze pizza dough for later use. Even better!! And because I followed her recipe exactly and do want to be a recipe thief please follow the link above to see the recipe.


I hope you enjoyed this months freezer meals! Sorry I haven't posted any for a while. I am going to make a real effort to post a few new freezer meal recipes every month. Thanks for stopping by!! Have a happy week!



No comments:

Post a Comment