Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Door Decor

Our new spring door decor! Isn't it fun!


Hello. I have been busy working on the house. I have lots of fun stuff to post but we have waiting for our new Internet to be installed. And now it is!! Hopefully I can get some things posted today and tomorrow. I finished this cute spring door hanging a few days ago. Here is how you can make it...

What you will need....


-A frame with a wooden back (or you could replace the glass in a frame with good heavy cardboard)
-Wooden letter that fits in your frame
-Lima beans
-Hot glue gun and glue sticks
-A piece of fabric to fit in your frame
-Mod Podge
-Spray paint for your frame and letter
-Staple gun
-Burlap or Ribbon
-Heavy duty wood glue (I used gorilla glue)

This seems like a long list of supplies but it really was easy to make.
I forgot to put the spray paint, mod podge and gorilla glue in the photo. Oops! I tried.

 First you will need to paint your wood letter and frame. When they are dry you can use the hot glue gun to attach your Lima beans to the letter.


Cut your fabric to size and mod podge onto frame. I put some mod podge down first then layed my fabric down and layered more mod podge on top. Allow to dry.


Fabric will have a white dull look to it while it is drying. Once it is dry it will look like it did when you first started again.  Next glue letter to frame using gorilla glue or other strong wood glue. I allowed mine to dry overnight with a heavy book laying on it. 


This seems to be where I stopped taking pictures! Last staple burlap or ribbon to back of frame. And hang on your door! Or wherever you plan to display your hard work!

Fabric - $1 (and this is the second project I have used it on remember these fabric pumpkins I made in the fall)
Burlap - $.50 in remnant bin @ Joanns
Letter - $2 @ Michaels
Frame - $.50 @ Thrift Store
Lima Beans - $2 (Thats an estimate I think they were less than $2)
And I had everything else. So my total out of pocket expense was $6.00. Not bad!
Total Price - $6.00

Hope you enjoyed this little tutorial! Stay tuned for some fun new things I have been working on at the house! I have lots to share! =) Have a happy Thursday! And thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment