Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Monday, October 17, 2011

ZZ Plant


The ZZ plant also known as the Zamioculas Zamiifolia. This plant is simply amazing! I love the dark green glossy leaves and the tall shoots that grow. Not to mention you only have to water it every 4-6 weeks. So if you have the opposite of a green thumb this plant is for you! Bonus. You can literally forget about this plant and it will be just fine. It has large bulb like roots that store water for months. I have seen them at home depot and lowes but I picked mine up at Ikea. I think it was $8 and it had totally outgrown the pot it was in and was literally bulging out of the container (unfortunately I forgot to take before and during process pictures). So I took a large sharp knife and cut the plant in half right down the middle and replanted the two sections in different pots. I did it about a month ago and the plants are both doing great and even growing some new shoots! Two great houseplants for $8 not bad!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a good week! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment