Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Slow Cooker: Chicken & Dumplings

Happy Hump Day. I can't wait for the weekend to get here! We have some seriously fun plans this weekend. Including going to look at a house. I really hope it works out.

I have a seriously love of comfort food. I am pretty sure I could eat mashed potatoes every day of my life...but then again who couldnt!? So when I saw a recipe on pinterest for slow cooker chicken and dumplings I knew I had to try it. My inspiration came from this post on polishthestars.com. I followed a good portion of her ingredients and directions but I made some of my own changes.

Slow Cooker: Chicken & Dumplings


Ingredients
-1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (About 3 breasts)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 cans (10.5oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I used fat free)
1 can (14oz) Chicken Broth OR
(1 C water and 2 frozen chicken broth cups. See how to make those here.)
1/2 medium White Onion, diced
4 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits (half a can)
1. Place thawed chicken in crock pot and top with butter.  Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and diced onions.  Cook on Low for 8 hours (I never cook anything for very long on high in my crock pot because I have never had good luck with it. Everything seems to dry out.)  Now walk away and do not stir while cooking.
2. Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 small pieces and stir into the chicken/soup mixture.  Continue to cook on High for 45 minutes (or until biscuits look smooth and doughy like dumplings).  Remove chicken from slow-cooker and shred with a fork.  Return to slow-cooker and stir everything together.  Serve hot.
Makes about 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment