Follow Us!

***New Here? We would love to have you back! Don't forget to become a follower so you don't miss any fun new posts!***

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No Fail: Breakfast Casserole

Hello! Happy Wednesday. We just finished one of our all time favorite meals. Delicious sausage and egg breakfast casserole. This is a recipe my family has used for years. I remember my mom making it for Christmas every year. =) It is really easy and quick, plus you can make it the night before! I love when I come home from work and all I have to do is stick something in the oven. So here is the recipe....I hope you enjoy it!

Sausage & Egg Breakfast Casserole




Ingredients
-1 lb pork sausage (I like bob evans)
-8 eggs
-2 1/2 cups milk
-1 t salt
-1 t ground mustard
-6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
1. In a skillet brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.

3. Pour into grease 13x9 inch baking dish.

4. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

5. Remore 20-30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.

I like to serve with a fresh fruit salad. Thanks for stopping by! And as always please feel free to leave any questions in the comments section and I will get back to you ASAP.

Click Here to print this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your families Breakfast Casserole recipe! I always request it from Sarah when we have pot lucks or morning craft get togethers :)!!

    ReplyDelete